Sunday 5 August 2012

#Project366 – week 28

A draining week both physically and mentally, which began with me running round London’s landmarks as part of The British 10k and ended with me dashing round the South West for an action-packed day of work visits. See where I sought sustenance...

#190 - Flapjack for Special Effect at the British 10k

Day #190Special Effect is an incredible charity dedicated to using technology to enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities. I was proud to run as part of their British 10k team (dressed as Princess Peach from Super Mario!) and celebrated my 56 minute race time by tucking in to a deliciously rich flapjack kindly donated by Sainsbury’s in Witney

#191 - Fudge Kitchen minatures from Flavrbox

Day #191 - Tiny treats of Fudge Kitchen miniatures hidden inside my Flavrbox sample (full review coming to this blog shortly!)

#192 - Banana and peanut butter oat breakfast smoothie with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze

Day #192 - Testing out a recipe for a balanced breakfast smoothie using incredibly low calorie Blue Diamond Almond Breeze 

#193 - edamame beans and salmon nigiri

Day #193 – I’m obsessed with the combination of fresh edamame beans and soft salmon slices – it’s such a clean and light taste, yet leaves you feeling surprisingly satisfied! I just wish that sushi wasn’t so expensive (imagine me pulling a *sad face* here)

#194 - Nigel Slater's 30 Minute Cook book

Day #194 – Nigel Slater is a true inspiration for me, both in terms of his wonderfully simple yet delicious recipes, and his beautifully eloquent writing style. Whenever I need real food, fast, I turn to this book for guidance. I was overjoyed to find him on Twitter recently, charming everyone with his gracious nature and lovely photos. My dream is for my culinary talent to one day be comparable to his…pie in the sky perhaps?!

#195 - canapes at ABode in Exeter

Day #195 – Impressive selection of gourmet canapés at ABode in Exeter, including a shot of leek and potato soup, a quenelle of goats cheese mousse with pesto, and a deep-fried ham hock ball

#196 - Barbacoa's bourbon chicken wings with watermelon salad

Day #196Jamie Oliver’s Barbacoa has been on my restaurant wishlist for a while, so I decided to be spontaneous for once and treat my boyfriend to their meat feast. One of our sumptuous starter plates was these juicy bourbon chicken wings served a refreshing salad of watermelon, chilli and ginger

If you’ve enjoyed this insight into my life on a plate, you can also keep track of my progress on #project366 by following me on twitter and instagram. The back-catalogue of images in shown on my #project366 Pinterest board and you can also subscribe via Facebook for regular updates from this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment