Friday 2 November 2012

#Project 366 – week 37

I’ve discussed previously the combined tactics of regular exercise and constant calorie counting that I use to keep in shape. Looking back on these snapshots from mid-September, I’ve realised that sometimes #project366 acts as a tool for maintaining my willpower…I won’t allow myself to tuck in to the giant box of doughnuts in the office or add a shot of gin to my slimline tonic so I’ll just capture a photo of it instead. It’s almost cathartic – it’s a way of rewarding my healthy eating choices and savouring the moments of indulgence when I’m permitted to relax my regular dietary restrictions…

#253 - Spamalot

Day #253 – Attending the final performance of the hilarious Monty Python’s Spamalot for my Dad's birthday treat

#254 - chicken and Mediterranean vegetable pasta bake

Day #254 – I’ve discovered that pasta bakes are a great way to make a standard meal go further…portioning out a healthy diced chicken and Mediterranean vegetable wholewheat pasta bake

#255 - zingy Thai red curry vegetables

Day #255Prepping vegetables ready for a zingy Thai red curry

#256 - peanut butter KitKat

Day #256 – Trying (successfully) to resist temptation and my latest peanut butter addiction whilst wasting time at the train station after a particularly long and stressful day

#257 - Black Forest chocolate gateaux slices

Day #257 – Serious #foodenvy for these Black Forest chocolate gateaux slices

#258 - Bukowski Grill beef short rib

Day #258Twitter had been buzzing for months about the mighty meaty meals on offer at Bukowski Grill, and before I had even had a chance to check out their unit in Shoreditch’s Boxpark they went and opened up another joint in my favourite London food haven, Brixton Village. These incredibly juicy and tender short beef ribs made the ideal Friday night supper, and I’m sure it won’t be long before my boyfriend and I return…I might even allow myself to stretch (literally) to a boozy milkshake…

#259 - help yourself sweetshop

Day #259 – Perfect favours for guests at my first true friend’s wedding back in Dorset…help yourself sweetshop with jelly beans, midget gems and dolly mixtures!

So that’s another week ticked off the list as we wind down to day #366…to keep up to date with my challenge to capture a food-related photograph every day for a year, please follow me on Twitter and Instagram, and look back on the whole series on my #Project366 Pinterest board. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment