Thursday 15 November 2012

#Project366 – week 41

Fantastic meals at to two of Soho’s most reputable eateries, plus an outdoor food festival showcasing the finest independent produce…it’s weeks like this when I realise how lucky I am as a gastronome to be living in London…

#281 - fritto misto at Polpo

Day #281 - Amazing fritto misto as part of an Italian grazing lunch at Polpo with Katy Truss (full review coming soon)

#282 - roasted butternut squash

Day #282 – Roasted butternut squash is one of my favourite side dishes at any time of year, but these half-moon shapes are eerily apt with Halloween approaching. In fact, my love for these sweet amber vegetables is so intense that I’ve even created a seasonal Pinterest board in their honour!

#283 - The King's Head, Letheringsett

Day #283 – Rustic shortbread and flapjacks handmade by the Flying Kiwi master chef and publican Chris Coubrough during a political visit to the Kings Head Pub in Letheringsett, North Norfolk

#284 - Sophie Dahl's ratatouille

Day #284Slow-cooking a big batch of Sophie Dahl's ratatouille recipe with courgette, aubergine and red pepper

#285 - Fig cheesecake at 10 Greek Street

Day #285 - A figgy pudding of creamy cheesecake drizzled with chestnut honey during my first visit to 10 Greek Street

#286 - Old Remeker from The Cheeseboard

Day #286 – Intense Old Remeker cheese as rich as butterscotch on sale from The Cheese-board stall at the Cheese and Wine Festival

#287 - Sweet Tooth Factory cheesecakes

Day #287 – As well as introducing more people Joe & Seph’s unbelievable gourmet popcorn, I’ve spent a couple of weekends recently helping Sweet Tooth Factory to sell luxurious cheesecakes like this raspberry and dark chocolate delight at food festivals on the Southbank. I love championing products like these, which are not only very skilfully made but also offer unexpected flavours to tease your palate and expand your sensory experiences. Sweet Tooth Factory’s cherry bakewell cupcake tastes just like Mr Kipling’s classic, and her apple and blackberry crumble cheesecake was an instant sell-out success

I’m almost at the end of my #Project366 challenge to capture a food-related photograph every day for a year, and when I reflect on my #Project366 Pinterest board feel very proud of the images I’ve captured so far. I’m less pleased with the frequency of these update articles (which I’m trying to resolve), but please remember that for the latest snapshots you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram (with a new and improved profile page!)

No comments:

Post a Comment