Sunday 2 December 2012

#Project366 – week 48

December has arrived, which means the countdown has begun…no, not for Christmas, but for the end of #Project366! It’s been a long 11 months so far in my challenge to capture a food-related photograph every day for a year, so you can expect plenty of festive cheer as I focus my attention on the finish line. Here’s one last look at the end of November’s edible delights…

#330 - Thanksgiving cranberry fizz

Day #330 – A belated Thanksgiving feast with American friends being kick-started with a fizzy cranberry and champagne cocktail. Check out the inspired use of seasonal vegetables for stylish table decorations and an excellent recreation of Shutterbean’s roasted rosemary almonds

#331 - Blommsbury Lanes American diner

Day #331 - Hoping the food at Bloomsbury Lanes’ classic American diner is better than my awful gutter-ball bowling…(which thankfully it was!)

#332 - licking a brick at John Salt

Day #332Selina from Yummychooeats and I finally managed to secure our seats for the most talked about gastronomic experience in London right now – Ben Spalding’s residency at John Salt in Islington. As you can see from my Storify article, the entire dinner was a work of art, but the dish that initially set the Twittersphere alight is this rich chicken liver cream, sweet corn, crispy skin and lingon-berry mix served on top of a caramel-coated housebrick, which diners are encouraged to lick. The sweet and savour flavours combined perfectly, and I would have gladly continued brick-licking until all the caramel had been lapped up!

#333 - Ad Lib magazine Coca Cola ham recipe

Day #333 - Teaser of my first published article for the Liberal Democrats’ brand new monthly magazine Ad Lib…my take on Nigella Lawson’s Coca Cola braised ham, covered in a sweet mustard glaze

#334 - Moroccan couscous with pomegranate seeds, broad beans and pistachios

Day #334 – Two years ago my boyfriend and I visited Marrakech, and I’ve been longing to return to Morocco ever since. Inspired by Ottolenghi’s recent culinary tour of the Mediterranean, I decided to adapt my usual fruity couscous by mixing in pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachio nuts and some “power food” protection in the form of broad beans 

#335 - V&A cafe

Day #335 – Purple chintz-style patterned tray and matching red cabbage salad at the impressive V&A cafe before admiring the Hollywood Costume exhibition for a second time (it really is that good!)

#336 - mulled wine at Brockley Market

Day #336 – Making up for the lack of an advent calendar on 1st December with a sweetly spiced mulled wine during a chilly lunchtime trip to Brockley Market 

To make sure you don’t miss out on my final 30 days of snapshots, be sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram. You can also see how far my photographic skills have progressed by reflecting on all my previous images on my #Project366 Pinterest board. 

Do you think I should do another food-photography project in 2013…and what should that be if so?

No comments:

Post a Comment